Windows 10 is packed with new features and improvements, but one feature that many users are encountering a lot of problems with is the Start Menu. A simplified interface with a user-friendly start menu is saving time and effort. There have been consistent problems with the Start Menu in Windows 10 and one particular bug is the ‘Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working.’ Here are some solutions to this problem.
Some people are not able to open the menu at all, while others are not getting the menu’s tiles when they press on it. Sometimes programs you log into may freeze or stop working while using them. This can be frustrating, especially if you are hoping to access your favorite programs.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to access the Start Menu on Windows 10 in case you’re experiencing any issues.
There are many different ways to access the Start Menu on Windows 10.
6 Solutions for Windows 10 Start Menu not working
Below are six methods that can be taken to fix the Windows 10 Start menu not working properly.
Update Windows 10
Repair Corrupt Windows Files
Create a new account
Use Windows Troubleshooter
Turn off the third party Antivirus
Restart Windows Explorer
We will check them one by one in detail to make sure they are dependable, reliable, and efficient.
Method 1: Windows 10 Update
It is possible to fix minor bugs in Windows 10 by updating. Regularly improving the features of Windows 10 will result in more efficient access to its features. If a Windows 10 update is available, troubleshooting methods are provided in the help article. Update your computer for the best performance and quality.
You can only tell the system to do manual updates if you want the computer to remain in automatic mode. Windows 10 has an advanced updating process, with detailed steps to follow.
Click Windows + R simultaneously to open the ‘Run’ command search box.
Now, Fill the search box with the text of ms-settings: and now, click on ‘Enter’ key on the keyboard.
After that, an Update and Security screen will appear on your screen. To view your security settings, open the page with “Update and Security” on it and then click the gear icon in the upper-right to pick and choose what is secure.
It might not be long before you see a ‘Check for Update’ button on your Windows page. The OS will launch the settings program and prompt you to install any available updates that have been found during your online scan.
Give Windows a few minutes to update the system.
After, finishing the above task, make sure you reboot your computer and start the encryption process.
Method 2: Repair Corrupted Windows 10 System Files
Repair the corrupted files below to resolve the error.
Firstly, move the cursor point to the taskbar, then tight click on your mouse and select “Task manager”
You can now run a task in the Word document by clicking on the green ‘File’ tab located at the top of your screen and then selecting ‘Run new task.’
Type ‘Powershell’ in the text box. The next section will ask if you would like a PowerShell task to be created with administrative permission. Ensure that you check it so that it can run ad nauseum!
Type sfc/scannow, and then press Enter.
If you’re having an issue with your start menu, please reset your PC.
To clean up your Windows PC, you can perform a ‘DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth’ task from within PowerShell to restore the system image. This may take some time, especially if your PC is severely infected.
Method 3: Create a New Account to Resolve Windows 10 Start Button Not Working
- Click on “Task Manager”
- After you open a Task Manager window, you should click the ‘File’ tab that is located at the top of the page.
- We now have a new task feature and clicking the ‘File’ tab will give you a few options, select ‘Run new task’.
- Just type ‘Powershell’ in the box provided to you and click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Clicking this link will take you to the PowerShell window. There, you need to type ‘net user XYZ 123/add’ and enter the username, password and location for creating the privileges.
- After completing this task, reboot your computer. Then log in to the system with a newly created account.
- Now your start menu should launch!
Method 4: Use Windows Troubleshooter to Resolve Start Menu Not Working in Windows 10 Issue
- Windows Troubleshooter is a helpful tool that quickly resolves the Start Menu not working issue without much effort.
- Firstly, you press the ‘Windows’+‘R’ keys. Then after open the “Run” search box.
- Just type the ms-settings: in the Run search box and then click on the ‘Enter’ key.
- Now click on ‘Update and Security’ to update your settings.
- A few options are available on the left panel of Windows update. Click on the ‘Troubleshoot’ option to find out more about what you can do.
- Click on the ‘Run the troubleshooter’ link to run a free troubleshooter to scan.
Method 5: Turn off the Third-Party Antivirus
Third-party antivirus software is not necessarily a bad thing. It is just that it can cause many issues, and it can also be a waste of time and money. Antivirus software is not always necessary, but when you are dealing with harmful content, like malware, viruses, or spyware, then it is crucial to have one installed.
If you always keep Microsoft’s Windows Defender up-to-date, you’ll be able to enjoy browser protection and file downloading that ensures your safety around Windows.
Method 6: Restart Windows Explorer
- To fix Start button not working on Windows 10 you should restart the explorer program.
- Go to the ‘Task Manager’.
- Next, you’ll need to choose a “Processes” tab within the Task Manager window.
- You will soon be able to access the list of applications and system files; navigate for Windows Explorer
- After getting the Windows Explorer, head to the same folder and select “Restart” from this button found in the bottom-left corner.
- That is it–a critical error that the Start Menu is not working has been solved.
Here are some helpful ways to fix windows 10 Start menu not working issues. If you need any help with anything, our techies are happy to assist. Let them know if you haven’t and they will provide effective solutions. Windows 10 is one of the most loved and awaited operating systems in the world right now. So, whether you are someone who has been waiting for it or somebody who is simply looking to upgrade their desktop computer system, there’s a lot to look forward to!